Objective of Position: The position is responsible to support the production or repair of existing fixtures and tools as well as to build new fixtures and tools to support new products. This role is to provide user-friendly fixtures and tools while taking into consideration ergonomic requirements as well as to provide the ability to make consistent quality components.
1.Responisble to cut, clean and prepare parts for jigs and fixtures.
2.Performs necessary welding functions and assists in the maintenance of the department.
3.Learn how to operate and set-up the band saw, mill, and lathe as well as perform tasks with the hand oxyfuel torch-cutter, plasma cutting, and welding.
4.Assist in the assembly of fixtures and will follow safety standards.
5.Utilize micrometers, calipers, tape measure and gauges per product specifications.
- Must be able to read and understand cut sheets and blue prints.
- Must have successfully completed the Trail King weld test.
- Must be able to operate mill and lathe.
- Must possess good math skills.
- Must be willing to fluctuate hours to accommodate needs.
- Must be able to read tape measure, calipers and micrometers.
- Must be able to communicate with designers and operators on the shop floor.
- Must display a positive attitude and work ethic.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend or climb on a repetitive basis.
- Must be able to carry 50 pounds on a repetitive basis.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent and at least 2 years of experience.
Personal Trait Profile: This position requires attention to detail, creative problem solving, and teamwork with all areas from the designers of the fixtures to the users of them. Honest, dependable, and mechanically inclined are traits for this position. Good communication skills are also beneficial.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: This position requires the individual must be able to walk, stand, climb and sit as needed during the shift. The ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs on a regular basis during a shift is also required. This position may require repetitive movements with extended amounts of time on their feet throughout their shift. The work environment is a manufacturing setting where fabrication, welding, painting, and assembly where hearing protection, safety glasses, and steel toed boots are required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
EOE F/M/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Disabled/Vet Employer
Drug Free Work Place
Drug Free Work Place